Friday, May 29, 2009

The Offspring!


I loved The Offspring back in high school and remember buying my first Offspring CD when I was 14 or 15. I remember my dad singing, "Come Out and Play (Keep Em' Separated)" to my sister, Kristin and I as we were always fighting and my parents would have to separate us. :) They have been one of those bands that I have always listened to, even 15 years later. When we found out they were coming to Rapid City as part of their "S*%@ Is F*%@ed Up Tour, there was no question as to if we would be going or not. We did decide to sit in the balcony this time with the other old people after getting pushed around a lot at the Buckcherry concert. We just can't mosh like we used to!

The concert did not disappoint! These guys are in their 40s now still rocking it out. It was definitely the loudest concert I have ever been to and my ears were ringing for sure, but it was all worth it!

The Street Dogs from Boston, MA opened the show and they put on a really great performance and seemed like really cool guys. The lead singer even crowd surfed to the back after his set. Check them out if you get a chance. Alkaline Trio was also an opener and they were okay, but definitely did not bring the energy the other 2 bands brought. The Offspring played most of my favorite songs and Dexter Holland even got on the piano and did some acoustic stuff. That was pretty awesome. That guy is amazing. If you ever get a chance to see these guys live, I highly recommend it! Here is a video of my current favorite Offpsring song - it's a great one to run to!

1 comment:

Gena said...

I think we're about the same age as I grew up with the Offspring in High School. I'm definitely going to add a few of their songs to my Marathon running play list. Thanks for the reminder.