Tuesday, May 12, 2009

9 Years Since our Engagement!


On May 5th, 2000, Chris came into the Cascade Country Store at the University of Montana in Missoula, MT where we first met and were we both worked during college and asked me to marry him. I was on my break and he came in and pulled a rose out of his backpack (yes, a backpack...we were in college after all!) and inside the rose, was my ring! We met at the store (our first conversation was about football of course!), we worked together there, he asked me out on our first date there (I was making sandwiches), and he asked me to marry him there. He was graduating the next week and I just KNEW that he was going to ask me when his family came for his graduation. I think he knew that I knew that and so wasn't going to let that happen! :) I can't believe it's been 9 years! We had a long engagement (a year and half) so I could finish college and now here we are - 6 and a half years of marriage, 2 dogs, 3 cats, and 2 beautiful children later!

No comments: