Saturday, May 16, 2009

3 Months from Today!!!


In 3 months from today, I will be able to call myself a marathoner. I cannot wait for that moment. Just to say I ran for 26.2 miles will be something awesome. I trained for the full marathon last year, but chickened out and ran the half marathon again 3 weeks before the race. That will not happen this time around. I am committed to this race and my training is going well. I have a 10K tomorrow morning and that will be the last of my short races for a while. I have 3 half marathons before the full in August which calls for more longer runs and I prefer those so much more than short quick runs any day! The weather is finally nice enough to be running outside on a consistent basis which really helps things too! Leading Ladies here I come!!! The picture is of the medal that I will be getting as I cross the finish line - Everyone's a Star! :)

3 comments:

Amber said...

I know you can do it! I'm so excited that your first marathon will be on our anniversary!

IUgirl78 said...

Yay!! I'm so proud of you for your dedication and determination to your training. Good luck!

Robin said...

You can do it for sure!! I will try for one next May I think. I'm like you though, can see me changing my mind. Can't wait to hear how you do!