Sunday, June 1, 2008

June Already?!

I can't believe it's June already! Tomorrow Chloe turns 3, which is just crazy to think about. Three years ago today (the day before she was born) we signed the papers to buy our first house. Now, we live in an entirely different state, Chris has a desk job and isn't gone all summer fighting fires, and I stay home with the kids, so a lot has changed over the past 3 years. Chloe was a shock to us when we found out we were having her, but I could not imagine my life without her now. She brings so much joy, love, and laughter to us everyday.

As of today, I have lost a total of 32 pounds for the year! Now, I have less than 15 pounds to get to what I think my goal weight will be! That's very exciting! It's been slow moving the past couple of months, but that's ok! I'm in no hurry! In addition to the 32 pounds, I have lost 20 inches since January. That's a lot of inches! It's unbelievable to me sometimes to see how different I look with losing just 32 pounds - it really makes a huge difference!

I ran 85 miles in May which is 2 more than I did in April. The grand total of miles ran for the year is 340! It's WAY more than all of last year, esp since I stopped running last August for reasons still unknown to myself. But that is the past, and I have no plans to stop running at all this year!

I ran 2 5Ks (that makes 4 altogether this year along with a 10K!) in May, both of them being out of state. The first one was in CO the day before Chris ran the CO Marathon and the second one was Memorial Day in Las Vegas and I got to run it with Mindy, which was so much fun! I didn't get a PR in either of the races, but they were both a lot of fun to run.

I am still training hard for my next (my 2nd) half marathon which is now just a week away! Back when we decided to run it, it seemed like June was so far away, but here we are!

I hope June brings more weight lost, more inches lost, more muscle gained, and more miles run. I hope May was a good month for all of you and that June will be a great one too!

No comments: