Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hayfever Run/Walk, Car Show, Chili Cookoff, and Swimming, Oh My!






















Saturday was a busy and very sunny, hot day! Nice days are hard to find in our neck of the woods so we take advantage of them every time we have one! Saturday morning was the annual Hayfever 4 mile Run/Walk for our local community center. Chris won this race last year so he wanted to defend his title this year. The kids and I did the walk and I pushed them in the stroller. Caiden's preschool teacher, Rebecca, walked it with me so it was nice to have a friend to chat with while we were walking. When we got there, Chris told me that the local cross country and track star was there so Chris would not be winning this year, but he thought he would be able to get 2nd. This kid even had to stop at the top at the hill to puke and still won by 3 minutes! But Chris finished in 26:52 which is still under 7 minutes miles for the four mile race. Awesome job, Chris! The kids and I finished in 59:11 so it was under an hour, which is what I wanted to do - pushing 70 pounds of preschoolers is hard, especially up the hills! :) It was a really fun race and lots more people did it this year than last year so that was good too!

Saturday afternoon we went to the car show and the state chili cook off at the park across the street from our house. Our neighbor makes a delicious chili and was part of the contest, but he didn't win this year so we were bummed. It was fun trying all of the different chili's and some of them were HOT, but I still tried them! The kids had fun jumping in the bouncy castle and eating snowcones and Caiden wanted to look at all of the yellow cars. He really liked the ones with flames on them too! When we got home, we filled up the little pool and cooled off and then Chloe and I took a little snooze on the couch while Chris cooked us an awesome dinner! :)

So, that was our day Saturday! I'm thinking summer might finally make an appearance, but I don't want to talk to quickly, because then it will probably snow tomorrow!

No comments: