Thursday, May 8, 2008

One more month until my next Half Marathon!


It just dawned on me this morning that in exactly one month from today, I will be running my next half marathon. I think I told someone yesterday that it was still 2 months away! It came up really quick! I'm running a course that I have never run before, but have only heard good things about. It's on the very beautiful, very scenic Mickelson Trail. My last HM was last August through Spearfish Canyon and it was all women and all downhill and had about 190 half marathon runners with an additional 100marathon racers . This race will have close to 1000 half marathoners, 300 marathoners and additional people running in the relays. Chris is running the full marathon, with the first half being all uphill (no thanks!) Caiden is running the kids 1K on Saturday and then we will have Chloe's 3rd birthday party along with a big pasta feed on Saturday night. So, if you are in the neighborhood, come on by for some pasta and birthday cake!

I'm not really sure if I am ready for this half. In the last month, I have run 3 5Ks and a 10K so those have taken me away from a few long runs, which I really need to get in to have the endurance for the half. I have 4 weeks left so I HAVE to get at least 4 more long runs in (10 miles or more) or come June 8th, I'm not sure I will make it those 13.1 miles! My time last August was 2:29:08 so hopefully I can take a few minutes off of that next month. And after that, it's all about training for my FULL marathon in August! That is just 3 months away now! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Mindy B said...

WOW! It did come up fast huh? Well, you are sooooooo going to rock it!!! Can't wait to see ya in 2 weeks!!!

IUgirl78 said...

So glad to hear you have a blog! It will be another fun way to keep up with what you're doing. :)