Monday, May 19, 2008

Finally a Nice Weekend - Both Days Even!

We finally had a warm weekend! It's hard to believe that just 2 weeks ago, we were playing in 2 feet of snow when yesterday, we are playing in the pool, but that's what you get in South Dakota!

On Friday night, we went to a Forest Service Picnic at a city park, which was a lot of fun. A lot of people are leaving the Spearfish office so it was nice to see them maybe for the last time and meet some new people too.

Saturday morning was Chris' 5K and then Saturday night, I watched my friend's kids so her and her hubby could go on a date before their 3rd child comes in a couple of months. The kids had a blast together making mini pizzas for dinner and then we all took a walk to Dairy Queen for an ice cream treat. While we were there, Caiden and Chloe decided they wanted to be photographers and take some pictures of us and as you can see, they did a pretty good job! :)

On Sunday, both Chris and and I did our runs and I had to run inside as by the time I was ready to go, it was already 80 degrees and I knew there was no way that I could run 11 miles in that kind of heat. So, I ran 126.5 laps around the track and had a pretty good run, considering I was running in circles. I ran the 11 miles in 2 hour and 2 minutes which is a 11:05 pace which puts me on track for a 2 hour 24 minute half marathon(5 minutes faster than my last half) so that would be really awesome if I could do that on race day - less than 3 weeks away now!

When I got done running, the kids and Chris were outside working on the yard and when they were finished, we filled up the little pool and had fun splashing around and pouring water on our heads. The kids LOVE getting Mom as wet as possible! It was 90 degrees out so the cool water felt great!

The sun sure wore the kids out too. We put them down at 8pm and at 8:03, both of them were out! My friend, Lacey, and I headed to Applebees for a little yummy food and good conversation as we hadn't been able to get together for a while now, so that was was a great end to such a fun weekend! Hope you all had a great weekend too!











No comments: