Sunday, June 14, 2009

Another (Unofficial) Half Marathon Today!



Although it was slower than last week, I ran another 13.1 miles today in preparation for my full marathon which is just 9 short weeks away. That means 8 more long runs (12 miles or more) for the next two months until August 16th when I will run 26.2 miles. It's coming up fast and I feel more ready for it with each week that passes. I also have 2 more half marathons this summer, one on July 12th in Missoula, MT and one on July 25th in Spearfish, SD. I am going to try to run a 20 mile run on July 5th through Spearfish Canyon (which will be the the actual last 20 miles of my marathon) and then a 22 mile run on July 19th when we get back from Montana. Thanks for all of the support that you all have given me throughout all of my running endeavors. It makes it easier to get up at 5am on a Sunday morning for a 13 mile run! :)

No comments: