Monday, April 27, 2009

A Postponed Race, but a Good Run Anyway

On Sunday morning, we woke up to fresh snow and it was coming down good. Kelly and I were supposed to be running a 10K and Caiden a 1 mile race that morning, but thankfully about half an hour before we were planning on leaving, we found out that it had been postponed until May 17th. I am so glad we found out and didn't drive all the way to Rapid only to find out then! The fact that it was cancelled put me in a bad mood and I didn't want to go running at all. But around 3:30, I finally got my butt in gear and headed to the gym. I had decided that since my race was postponed, I was going to run 2 more miles than the race, so 8 miles. Well, after an hour and a half, I decided that I would just run for 2 hours and then I looked down at my counter after 2 hours and realized that I had just 6 more laps for 11 miles. So, after 2 hours and 6 minutes and 126.5 laps later, I had run 11 miles. And I felt great! I hadn't run more than 10 miles since last year so this was exciting. So, even though my race was postponed, I still ended up with a good run and more time to prepare for my race in a few weeks!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Good job! How do you find out about all these races? It seems like you're running one every weekend! I've gone to the Black Hills Runners Club website, but they don't always have every race...or do they?