Monday, September 15, 2008

Sidelined with a Bee Sting


As you can see I got stung by a bee; and as you can see, I'm a tad allergic to them. Not deathly allergic - Thank God! But allergic enough to make a mark. This picture was taken more than 2 days after I had gotten stung so imagine how bad it looked yesterday! I was at Caiden's soccer game on Saturday and the bees were just horrible. Chris spent most of the game hitting me with hat to get them off of me. For some reason, they like me and they like me a lot. I guess it's because I'm so sweet ;) Anyway, one snuck through the wrath of Chris and got me right on the calf. At first, it didn't seem like a big deal. It hurt a little, but nothing too serious. After the game, I went for a 6 mile run, I went to the BHSU football game, and went grocery shopping. By the time we got home though, I was starting to feel it. I went to bed early, but woke up around 12:30am with some major throbbing pain. I iced it and took some ibuprofen, but still couldn't get much sleep. In the morning, Chris went and got some benedryl and I took it and immediately it knocked me out. I spent most of yesterday sleeping or feeling really sleepy. I constantly sprayed the sting with benedryl spray and kept taking the benedryl in hopes that the swelling and the pain would come down. I slept really good last night and felt pretty good this morning. I was really mad that I had missed an 11 mile run on Sunday because of the string and I was determined to get back to running today. I went out hoping to get at least 7 miles in, but the pain was pretty bad every time I went down on that leg. I only made it 5 miles so I still have more miles to make up. The area that is red and swollen is much less than yesterday so here's hoping it will be even better tomorrow!

2 comments:

Amber said...

OMG! I'm so sorry! That looks really painful! Get better soon!

Kory said...

Hey Shannon! I just stumbled upon your blog through Mindy's. I added your to my blogroll so I can come back - hope you don't mind! :-)