Sunday, September 7, 2008

The First Week of September was a Good One!!

The first week of September turned out to be one of the best weeks I've had in a while! I have felt very motivated to get my runs in and the weather has been absolutely amazing which makes getting my runs done a lot easier! We have seen highs in the 60s with some sun mixed with a little rain - my favorite - I love fall! Here is how the week went down!!

Sunday - Had a really great 8 mile run after not running for a few days due to a lovely bug that all of the kids (except for mine) got at my daycare. It wasn't an all that fast run (11:37 miles) but it felt good to be back out there running again. After my run, we headed up to the Waterslides to spend the last day of summer in the sun. We all had such a fun time and it was a great way to end the summer!

Monday - First Day of September! And Happy Labor Day! which means no work for my Chris or for me! I got to sleep in, which rarely happens and after just being lazy for a couple of hours headed out for a run. I don't normally run after my long Sunday runs, but I did today for 3 reasons. 1. The weather had shifted and it went from being 95 on Sunday to 65 on Monday - how can you NOT go running when it's that nice outside?! and 2. I didn't have to work so I would feel completely lazy not running! and 3. My gym was closed for Labor Day so the only choice I had was to run outside!! :) I ended up running 5.6 miles (10.42 miles), so a pretty easy pace, but I wasn't in any hurry on my day off) Today was also the day that I was going to really focus on my eating and have a good week eating wise and running wise so it felt like a new beginning. Today I also challenged myself to run 100 miles in September to help motivate to get my runs in this month!! And so far, it's working!

Tuesday - Chloe's first day of preschool! She is probably the most shy little girl I have ever met and we were pretty worried about how she would handle her first day of school, but she walked in there like she had been going her whole life and had a great day! She loves her teachers and her classmates and her school, which is a huge relief to us! Today was also Caiden's first day of soccer practice, which is pretty entertaining to watch 4 and 5 year olds trying to understand the fundamentals of soccer. ;) I also ran 4.5 miles today for my tempo run (10:00 on the dot miles) and it felt really good!

Wednesday - Caiden's first day of preschool! He went to preschool last year so he knows the drill and he loves every aspect of going to preschool. He is also a very shy little boy so he is the quiet one in the class, but this year, there are 6 little boys in his class (compared to just 3 last year) so maybe as the year goes on, he will get a little more out-going in class! Another 4.5 mile run today (11.02 miles) so a little slower pace and for some reason, I saw a lot of dead animals on the road today! I got sprinkled on, but was hoping for a little more rain - I love running in the rain - as long as it's not too windy! :)

Thursday - Chloe had a little harder time going to school today as she cried when I dropped her off, but her teacher said that as soon as she started reading the book to the class, she stopped crying and had a wonderful day. And the way Chloe talked about her day the rest of the afternoon, I know she had a good time. They are learning about dinosaurs and got to make a nest and she had to show everyone her nest over and over again! So cute! For my workout, I showed a friend of mine who just had a baby a month ago a Leslie Sanstone walking DVD and we did that - so we walked 2 miles and then did the firming part of the DVD with some abs and leg work - it felt like a good workout!

Friday - I love Fridays! I sense the weekend is coming and it seems like everyone is in a great mood! After Caiden got home from preschool, my friend and her two young kids came over for a visit and it's so nice to get some adult conversation in as most of my day is filled with chatting with kids aged 0-4. She stayed for lunch and we talked about lots of health-related topics, which is always fun for me! I did treat myself to a Blizzard on Friday night, but I didn't feel guilty about it because I knew I had had a great week and had gotten all of my workouts in that I wanted to. We then sat in the car and listened (our radio inside broke!) to our high school football team win their first game of the season against the 5th ranked school in the state!! Whoo hoo! Go Broncs!

Saturday - Caiden's first soccer game! Now add another team to the mix of 4 and 5 years olds playing soccer and you have some real entertainment! The kids all had a really great time. Caiden ran after that ball with all of the energy that he had and had so much fun - everyone was commenting on the huge grin he had on his face the entire game! They didn't score any goals, but luckily at this age, they really didn't care! The important thing is that they all had a wonderful time and that they all got some great exercise running around that field! After the game, I got a 5 mile run in (10.22 miles) and I'm glad that I did it when I did, because not 20 minutes after I got home, it was a complete downpour! I mean, I like to run in the rain, but this was insane! This afternoon, we went to our friends house to meet their daughter's new hamster, Henry, and my kids didn't really know what to think about that! Their pets are cats and dogs, so having something that small as a pet was new to them! And then we headed to the hospital to see our friends brand new baby, Weston, who was born at midnight so he wasn't even 24 hours old! Such a cutie! You really forget that your kids were once that small too! We ended our week by watching the Montana Grizzly Game on the Internet and I GUESS it was a very exciting game, but in my true fashion, I fell asleep. :)


So, there is my week - here's hoping next week is just as great!!

No comments: