Sunday, August 2, 2009

July in Review and Goals for August

Wow! I can't believe July is already over and school is about to start for my kids! They are of course excited; however, I am not! I want them home with me! :) July was a pretty good month. Still haven't lost the weight that I want to lose, but I will be focusing more on that after I run my marathon in 2 short weeks. July started with all of the fun that the 4th of July brings to Belle Fourche. The rodeo, the carnival, a 2 hour parade, fireworks, and the Roundup 10K that Chris ran in the same exact time that he ran it last year! I ran 110 miles in July including 2 half marathons. I ran the Missoula Half Marathon on July 12th with 2 of my sisters and ran it in 2:21:36. After the Missoula Half, I spent the next week on vacation in Hamilton, MT with my family and had a wonderful time being back home. 13 short days after the Missoula Half, I met up with a Spark friend and ran the CASA half marathon in Spearfish with a time of 2:19:06 (but I think the course was measured long!) :) After that half, I ran 7 more miles to get a 20 miler in before my full marathon. Now I am supposed to be in taper mode for my marathon, but I am still trying to get my miles in so I am ready to go in 2 weeks. Which brings me to August. August will be a big month for me and my family. First off, I will be running my first full marathon on August 16th - just two weeks away! That's 26.2 miles through Spearfish Canyon, starting at 6am. I will finish somewhere between 5 and 6 hours, hopefully as close to 5 as I can get, but with it being my first one, I really don't know what to expect or how tired I will get! No time goes this time around; I just want to FINISH! Another milestone this month for Chris will be the completion of his first 50 miler on August 22nd. I think this is just crazy, but yesterday, he ran 31 miles and today 25 something so it looks like he is ready. I think he hopes to finish around 8 hours something. Caiden will start Kindergarten on August 20th, which just doesn't seem real to me. He is so excited. Chloe will do another year of preschool and then be heading to Kindergarten this time next year. She found out that this year, there will be another Chloe in her class so she thinks that is pretty cool.

So, here are my 5 big goals for August:

1. FINISH my first full marathon

2. Run a 10K next Saturday in Custer - my current PR is 59:59 so I would love to set a new one since I haven't set any PR yet this year....even 59:58 would be awesome! :)

3. Get the focus back on eating less and eating the right things to get to my goal weight before I turn 30 in January.

4. Go to at least 2 fitness classes each week at my gym - get back to doing a variety of exercise, not JUST running. They are starting an outdoor fitness class each Tuesday of the month so I am really excited about that one!

5. Not bawl my eyes out on the first day of school!!! This may be a goal that just won't be accomplished!

No comments: