Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey Trot 2008






The Turkey Trot 5K is the biggest race that the Black Hills Runners Club puts on during the year. And this year was a big one; 880 runners and walkers were signed up. The kids, Kelly and I went to cheer Chris on as he went for a new PR. I was thinking of pushing the kids in the stroller during the race, but I knew there would be a lot of complaining as it was in the low 20s so I just decided to sit this one out and watch Chris break his PR. And he did! By a lot! He set his PR of 19:45 at the Halloween race in 2007 so he had gone a year without getting a new 5K PR. But this year, he ran the Turkey Trot in 18:43!! That's three 6 minute miles in a row! I know I will never see myself do that so it was fun to watch him do it! :) The only bad part of the race is that we did not get one of the 320 pies they raffled off after the race. But with 880 people, a lot of people walked away empty handed this year. It was a very fun Thanksgiving morning and Chris did a great job!! You Rock Chris!!

No comments: