Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Fun Day at the Waterslides!

















A little mistake on my part turned out to be a very fun day! This morning, we packed a cooler full of lunch and headed up to Rapid City to spend the day at our favorite pool. Today was the last day of our summer temperatures so we wanted to spend the day outside. We thought the pool would be the best place to spend our last "summer" day. But as we arrived, we see that the pool is completely empty, and obviously, closed. I guess maybe I should have checked the website to see when they closed for the season? But who would have thought they closed LAST weekend? Not me, for sure. I thought they would have stayed open through Labor Day weekend, especially with the really hot weather still here! But no, all of the Rapid City pools are closed for the season already. So now, what to do? We couldn't just drive back to Belle after promising the kids swimming today. We contemplated what do to next in the Walgreens parking lot while I was waiting for my ink cartridge to get filled. So, while we are eating our lunch in the car in the Walgreens parking lot, I call my friend, Lacey, and asked her to get on the computer and see what she could come up with. We thought of the indoor waterslide park, but learned that this would cost us almost $20 a person! I thought that was a little expensive! And then Lacey came across the Rushmore Waterslides, something I had never considered, because I didn't think they would have much for little kids to do. But I called them up and it turned out they had a kiddie pool with a boat to play on a little slide that the kids could go down themselves and there were 3 bigger slides that the kids could go down with us, and even a lazy river to play in, so it seemed like a great choice. And man, it was sure a fun day! We all had such a great time. Probably even more fun than the pool! Caiden had his favorite slide and I swear he and Chris went on that thing 100 times in a row! The bigger slides were a little on the slow side, so we tried to do them with the mats, but that was the wrong choice as we instead went way too fast and were flying down the slide and flipping all around and the kids were not impressed with this at all! So, no more mats for us! But overall, the earlier mistake was forgotten and the waterslides are our new favorite place! This was the last day of the season, so they will have to wait until next year, but I'm glad we found them on the last day! And my favorite moment from the day - Caiden and I are walking up to one of the slides and he says to me, "Mom, why do they have a slide for cats? Cats don't even like the water!" Of course my response was something like, "Huh?" To which he replies, "They have a KITTY slide here!" Oh, now I get it. "No Caiden, that's a KIDDIE slide, not KITTY, kiddie, like kid!" "Oh, he says" But I still don't think he understood what I said! But it was a good laugh!

Thank you Lacey for saving our last day of summer!!!!

2 comments:

Mindy B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy B said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! What a great way to spend your last summer weekend! :)